Monday, November 22, 2010

The baking has begun....

    Sunday of the week leading up to Thanksgiving found the oven on and the first of the family traditions being whipped into shape, or should I say form? Sunday we were making  a childhood memory from my wife's teenage years. She remembers traveling up to Great Barrington to The Jenifer House (remember that?) and purchasing the Jenifer House Molasses Cookies. She and her sister would bring them home for Thanksgiving Day, but of course always had to buy more than they needed for Thursday, Thanksgiving Day. Many years back she obtained the recipe and has been making them for all of us. Yum!



     Tonight when I got home, Clare was already working hard in the kitchen, so I jumped in and gave her a hand as best I could on today's project. From one of our family trips to Colonial Williamsburg, we obtained a recipe for The King's Arm Tavern Apple Cheddar muffins. Oh. My. Goodness. I don't think I need to say much more about them.

                


Ahh yes. Now to make them last till Thursday. Padlocks perhaps? Oh, I know....a lockbox!!

No comments:

Post a Comment