Saturday, November 13, 2010

about motorcycles and vapor trails

All summer, especially on weekends, the silence that many of us love about Sharon and neighboring towns disappears off and on throughout the day as the rumble and roar of Harley-Davidson's trek thru our communities This in not a slap on Harley's. Heck, I'd have one if I could afford one. But something funny (to me) happened today. I had a quiet moment at the store so I walked out into the sunlight, and some BMW motorcycles pulled in to get gas at Minus-Mart . Then came some more. Then some more. I lost count when it was over 40! The amazing part. I swear lawnmowers make more noise. If I hadn't been outside I never would have heard them cruise in. Some difference to a H-D.



A short while later I looked up to the southeast and talk about air traffic... Not sure I remember looking up and seeing quite so many trails all side-by-side, heading in the same direction. George would say its the government spraying us with harmful chemicals. I say it is warm engines exhaust hitting cold air containing a certain amount of moisture.



Judging by time of day (3:23pm), my bet is flights from Europe coming in to JFK and Newark. Just a guess on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment