Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My taxes will go up, but I am thankful!

       I stated a few weeks back I think it was that I never thought I'd live to see the day in Sharon where we had a quality grocery market and real, paved roads. Well, we're a month tomorrow on having a quality market, and dang if roads are not getting fixed too! 

      It was last week Waters Construction ground up and removed inches of rotten material, and this week they are building up a road, with the first layer now done all the way thru to Route 41 from Fred Roy's. This morning I caught them right at my road. I can't stop saying it. Unbelievable.









      And this is just the binder or fill or first coat or leveler...whatever you want to call it.....The next will level it up more and give it the strength and endurance to last many years, if maintained correctly. If drainage and maintenance is not done, well, this will be an awful expensive temporary fix. I sure hope the town fathers can acquire the right men and the right equipment to maintain this investment that the taxpayers are making. 
      Most all of us don't mind seeing our money spent in Sharon, as long as it is spent wisely.

      Dug Road tomorrow gets a first coat of asphalt to hold it in place. What an improvement that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment