Monday, November 15, 2010

You've GOT to be kidding...

So this morning I take my deposit over to the bank, the just this weekend rebuilt Salisbury Bank & Trust office on Low Road here in Sharon. As I approached, I was pleasantly surprised to see a door with windows in it, so people leaving can see people coming. I can't tell you how many near misses I have had over the years with almost knocking people down the entrance stairs backwards, as the old door had no windows in it. I have lobbied bank officials for years to change this, and I finally got my wish! Thank you management!

Inside the old counters are gone, the old wallpaper is gone and new stations are all in place and working. New lighting, (though somewhat dark I felt) new carpets, a new system for outdoor service (a tube rather than window)...it's all new inside. And a coin counting machine ta boot! Many of you know I really spent many, many years of my childhood there, as this was great-aunts house. Only the banister and the end piece are all that remain to take me back to my childhood.

But, now to today's title, and what it all means. Today, I was forbidden to take a picture inside the bank due to security reasons! I wasn't aware my blog and one picture of the rebuilt office would be a threat to security. I was respectful but shocked!  I respect the bank, and their employees, and the decisions they make regarding security. I honestly do, but I'm sorry, I do have laugh a bit.

So, if you want to see the rebuilt office, you'll have to go see it for yourself. No pictures allowed however.




My photo of the door is small in respect of security.

No comments:

Post a Comment