Friday, December 17, 2010

A two-post day......

This evening, at The Sharon Town Hall, a town meeting was held. I arrived late due to a dinner date with my bride, but was there just in time for a vote. Here is the exact wording from the town meeting notice
3. To see what action the Town Meeting might have for the Board of Selectmen on the question of a possible discontinuance of a portion of the right-of-way on Mitchelltown Road at the request of Metz Family Enterprises LLC. Notice: Advisory Issue Only. No binding action will be taken. 
This topic brought out a full hall in the Chapin Room, with people standing in the hall (that would be me... and others).




As I said , I arrived late, so I just heard the final bit of discussion, and then the call of the vote by the moderator.




It was a show of hands vote (keep them up!)....


 of those who agreed to NOT enter into any study or agreement to consider the afore mentioned item.


The citizenship has voted, and I believe it was unanimous.

No comments:

Post a Comment