Sunday, December 5, 2010

Out of town...two days in a row!

Well yesterday I got all the way to Falls Village, but I blew that out of the water today. After church, we headed East and we went a bear-huntin.......

 I got my first and only one for the day out on 44 in Simsbury! Not where I'd expect to find a bear, but there he was!!

Continuing on  east, we went to a shopping area that we had wanted to visit for some time.

Blue Back Square, in West Hartford, has one store that my wife so enjoys, called Crate and Barrel. She remembers it from her college days in Boston. She likes it for their sense in decorating for the holidays. They have ornaments unlike most any I have ever seen anyplace else. My wife takes tremendous pride in our holiday decorations, and she had not been to a C & B since 2001, so she was thrilled to visit. We found some fun ones to give as gifts, and a few for us to add to our collection. Today we only visited the one store. There are many others there, so we may go again some time to look around. We did need to eat, so we tried a place that was pretty fun. It didn't knock my socks off, but it was pretty good!

So, my weekend is about over, but I must say, we had a great time this weekend,  just being together and doing fun home-town things, as well as going to the city, for a bit of shopping and a nice meal out. I hope your weekend was a pleasant one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment