Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mudgetown culvert job

     Probably some of you are so disinterested in yesterdays and probably today's post. If that be the case, then I apologize for boring you. But, it's my crazy little blog, and you are along for the ride, (if you choose to be) sorry, maybe tomorrow will be a better day for you!
     Today (this morning) I rode over to Mudgetown to see the culvert work that Kraig McGarvey of Sharon did in the earlier part of the summer.( Again, using local workers. Smart move.) Over there, where there was not one drop of water in the brook, he just put in footings and re-bar for future new end-walls if they are needed. Key words....if needed. What they have done also is get accurate measurements now and they can monitor if the walls start to move. These are old laid-up block walls which, unlike a poured wall, do weaken and deteriorate much quicker over time as compared to a poured concrete wall. I guess in a way you could say these are sort of preventive moves so that if they do have more problems later, the repairs can be made more easily. An investment I guess it what it really is.
     To this taxpayer, it seems like a good move. I have seen many things that our town did over the years that I personally felt were, well, lets say, questionable. Thats not something I am saying of late, and I guess thats a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment