Thursday, September 9, 2010

FIRE Sale at the plaza.......!


I admit it. I'm too close to this new store opening in Sharon. Today, close took on a whole new meaning. A leak in a thousand gallon propane tank was discovered (after THREE days!) and workers were called in to pump down the liquid  form, and the rest (gas fumes) were "burned off" in a control burn that lasted almost three hours! Firemen. Fire trucks. Barricades. Roaring fire. Whoa!


Now, I am of course extremely thankful that this possible disaster was averted, that it was all controlled and that no one was injured. However, I must admit, for a split second, before the fuel was all pumped off and the burn happened, I did ask the fire marshall/ building inspector if it might be wise to move to the back of my store rather than standing on the front porch watching the activity. He assured me that we were indeed safe, and that it was just going to be a very controlled burn. And so it was.


Hope tomorrow is a calmer day in the plaza. Excitement is not always a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's quite a story, Rick. Thanks for sharing. What a rocky road those Farm Market people have had.

    ReplyDelete