Friday, September 10, 2010

Herrick Home

What used to be (why do I bother saying that?) the Herrick House on Herrick Road is now owned Mr. Ray Learsey and his wife Melva Bucksbaum. This house and grounds have undergone extensive renovation the last number of years. While some found their addition of a building which has a particular name I don't know, but basically is a specially built facility in which to store and display art to be controversial, I kept saying lets wait till it is done. Well, it and the house are done, and quite frankly, I think that it is all quite beautiful. Here is a pic of their home from one evening last week. I've not seen the inside, but if its anything like the outside, I bet its gorgeous.




Ancient history: I remember as a child sitting on Bill Herrick's couch and having his St. Bernard the size of a small elephant push me off onto the floor, as I guess it was his couch. That was around 1959 or so. Maybe a little later, but not much. Boy, that is old news......

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful place , thanks Rick. The old stompin grounds for a few of us!!!!

    ReplyDelete