Thursday, October 6, 2011

Introducing....

Rick's Reserve Red








I made the decision about six weeks back to sell at our store a private label wine. The big kicker with that....it is my own label with my name on it! It took a bit to get things together but last Friday I put on sale for the first time in Sharon, Rick's Reserve Red. It is a red wine made from the pinot noir grape. These grapes are grown in California, and shipped to The Millbrook Vineyard in Millbrook, New York. There it is made into wine and bottled and marketed. This wine is only used for their private label offerings.


I took the pictures (obviously) for the label and our son wrote the little note on the back of the bottle, so it really is a family-involved deal. I have an opening introductory price of $11.99, which is a steal!


I sort-of guessed that the initial sales would be somewhat good, due to the town clock picture and all, but I worried about that second sale....I want to assure you......there is nice wine in the bottle and repeat sales are happening every day! Comments have been overwhelmingly positive! The one I did get that wasn't too positive was just that they didn't really care for this style, that they like a more hearty red. That's fine.


So, if you're perhaps in the need for a bottle of red, with a hometown feel to it, or need to bring a gift or have a gift for someone, I feel really good about presenting this red wine as an option for all to consider.





1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you remember the story about the West Seattle beer? The beer sold well, but what really sold were the tee shirts. They had the beer label illustration on the front of the shirt and on the back it said "It's a West Seattle thing, you wouldn't understand.". They sold like crazy and they couldn't keep up with the orders. The tee shirt money went to various charities.

    ReplyDelete