Sunday, October 2, 2011

and now, for something totally different...

Well, today I saw something happen in Sharon, which I have never seen done before in Sharon. That doesn't mean it never happened before, I just have never been witness to it happening. The Sharon Ecumenical Clergy Council had a Blessing of the Animals on the Green in front of Town Hall. Attending were Father Fador from St. Bernard's, Rev. Kim from Sharon Methodist, Rev. Ryan and Guerrera from Sharon Congregational and Rev. Widing from The Episcopal Church.


So, the churches were all represented, and there were lots of folks from I believe all of the denominations there, with their dogs and cats, in all shapes and sizes (no goats or pigs or snakes--thank heavens, for I'd been outta there!!!)). During my time there, the clergy went around and said a blessing for each and every pet there. It really was quite touching and I left feeling quite happy for all who partook, especially for the really young, whom I felt paid very close attention. There was one dog there who would fit in a bread box with lots of room to spare. There also was a number of B-I-G dogs there. I hope the little guy wasn't breakfast or a snack for one of the big guys..........




Pastor Ryan


Rev. Kim with an attentive audience!


Rev. Guerrera has her hands full!


Rev. Widing giving a blessing..

Father Fador and Rev. Guerrera, Janice and Torey


3 comments:

  1. Almost every church or temple in our neighborhood had a Blessing of the Animals. What's surprising is how the animals behave and they seem to realize it's an important occasion for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Rev. Widing.

    ReplyDelete