Sunday, October 23, 2011

Breakfast....and more...in Sharon!

This offering is a bit overdue, but I wanted to get it out there. No longer (thankfully) is there not a place for a little breakfast, lunch or dinner in Sharon.  The Black Goose is  open! There has for years been the gas station coffee and Hostess snacks for breakfast at minusmart. Then last year the Farm Market opened, and there was a place for a bagel and an egg sandwich ( which I must admit is awesome!--from Jam). But this summer the Black Goose Grill opened in  the old Twin Oaks location in the plaza. Breakfast and lunch: served Tuesday through Sunday. Suppers: Wednesday through Saturday. Closed: obviously Mondays.


My review: Bob and his staff are working hard to make an affordable stop in Sharon. I enjoy their short stack of pancakes and a cup of coffee for about $5.60 or so. I think that is a good deal. Suits me anyway.. The regular menu has nothing I don't think priced over $10.50, and that's is a pretty large variety for that price range. In addition, they are doing specials on a large blackboard for supper that seems to range from $10.95 to about $15.00 if my memory serves me correctly. In this day and age, that's almost verges on amazing...


I think Sharon is indeed fortunate in this economy to have, first off, someone willing to take a chance on opening a restaurant, and then secondly, making it as affordable as they have. I hope others feel as I do, and that we ALL need to support them as best we can, when we can, for it sure is nice to have them there. Driving somewhere else to get a meal is no longer a necessity, and for that I am thankful.


So welcome to Bob and his crew. Thank you for trusting in us. I hope we show that trust back to you, so you can be here a long, long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment