Thursday, January 13, 2011

The next day...

The day after a major snowfall can be beautiful, but it can also be a day of a lot of work. Roads, driveways, sidewalks all need clearing. Roof's frequently need cleaning as well, to relieve stress on buildings. This morning here were just a few of the sights I ran across in just a few moments down on the "green".....



Town Hall looked good, but I think the wreaths can come down pretty soon..












I caught up with Eric O'dell out doing drives and walks on his customer list for his employer, Brian Murtagh, owner of New Images Landscaping of Sharon.



The Sharon Congregational Church certainly had the "postcard" thing going on today....





















This afternoon it was teaching time though.

I heard the spokesperson for the Connecticut State Police say this morning that there was something like a $156.00 fine if you were caught driving your car with snow on your roof. The reason being, it could fly back and hit the vehicle behind you in their windshield, thereby blinding that driver and potentially causing a serious accident. Look what pulled into the plaza this afternoon! I warned the driver, and they were totally unaware of such a possibility and thanked me. They lived very near-bye, and left immediately to go clean it off. They were extremely grateful to learn from me of this rule...

No comments:

Post a Comment