Monday, January 3, 2011

country classic

We found ourselves in near-bye Stockbridge, Mass., on our way to a wedding reception this past Sunday evening.  Stockbridge to me has always been about four different things: The town you went thru to get to the Lion's Gate at Tanglewood. The town you went thru to get to the Mass Pike. The town from Alice's Restaurant Massacree. And the town with The Red Lion Inn and all the other storefronts found in Norman Rockwell's famous Main Street Christmas Scene, of which we have a print over our mantle.

On Sunday, we had time to kill before the reception (the wedding was in July in Utah) so we stopped and I had my camera in hand, looking for a shot that meant something to me. Below you see my choice of what I captured that day. The christmas tree in the upstairs window is just, well, the glue of the whole scene that Rockwell portrayed in his art.

Stockbridge is user-friendly. I need to visit again sometime soon, and take a look around, for there is much to see. We went to the new Rockwell museum a few years back. Need to go there again too....So much to do. So little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment