Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Skype'd"


I just completed a
Skype
video chat with my daughter and her newly adopted family in Aaman, Jordan! It was very exciting! Catherine looks well, and her host family seem like they are enjoying her company. They are a family of husband, wife, two teenage daughters and a young son. There was much giggling going on so either they were liking the fact we could talk around the world on these computers, picture and all, or else they found me intensely funny looking!!! I am going to go with the first!! We are scheduled again for tomorrow at 1PM our time, or 8PM their time. Unfortunately Clare wasn't here today, but we'll get her on tomorrow for sure. It took a few minutes for the picture to settle in, though the voice was good. The picture kind of reminded me of video from space that we see on tv. Wish my parents or in-laws were still with us and could see their little girl on the other side of the world, making friends and learning a new language. Wow. Just incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment