Saturday, February 6, 2010

EMS House Numbers


Not much changes around Sharon day to day, and that can be debated as to whether it is a good thing or a bad. But one good thing is starting and I so applaud it. I am referring to the Sharon Vol. Ambulance Squad introducing and promoting the opportunity to all homeowners to purchase reflective house number signs for house recognition. I had bought my own a few years back, and apparently they used it as a "starting place" in their discussions as to whether to start such a project. The ones that they have selected are a nice shade of green with a cream- colored numbers by my judgement. My neighbor across from me had ones installed yesterday for his home driveway, his tenants and his barn-complex. These simple little signs will so help the EMS Fire and Ambulance people when they have to respond to an emergency. I would never think of it in this particular light myself, but there are many who DO NOT want the signs! Huh? And their reasoning is they don't want people to know where they are............ Okay, your house is on fire, or your husband is choking on your foie gras, and you don't want the rescue personal to find you.....? Extremely illogical Commander Kirk comes to mind!! And the neat thing to is that the squad is making a small profit off the purchase to help fund their new ambulance.

So, please, if you haven't already, for your own safety, make the investment and install these simple little signs at the end of your driveway. It may be the absolute best $20.00 you ever spent!

(ps..the 800 in the picture is for a commercial company I AM NOT promoting. I just grabbed their photo to help with the blog)

1 comment: