Friday, February 12, 2010

Gone Fishing?


Tell me. Honestly. When was the last time you went to the transfer station (alais "the dump") and it was empty? Not a soul in sight..... This morning at 8:15 I pulled in with a load of cardboard and newspapers, backed up to the hopper and unloaded the cardboard. Now coming from a store that gets boxes and only goes to the transfer every 2-3 weeks I had a load, so it took a while to unload. While I was doing so I am thinking, geez, its awfully quiet here. Then I dumped my newspapers in the bin and there was still no one in sight. Next I pulled over to the trash hopper, threw in three small bags and still no one. What's going on? So out of pure curiosity I walked over to the office door and it was locked. The swapshop door also was locked. Not a soul in sight! Weird! This was like a good 8-10 minutes of nobody there but me. I went back to my truck, and the next thing I know Florien is knocking on my window. Phew! Finally someone else is there! We exchanged hello's and I was off to Herrington's for salt for the water softner. Pulled in to Herrington's. NO ONE THERE! Went in and paid for the salt to a clerk, loaded the salt and left and not another soul was around. Very strange Friday morning if you ask me.........

2 comments:

  1. Spooky! Sharon is quiet enough but that sounds deserted? Hope the Liquor store is more social ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was their around 8:20 this morning & found & thought the same. Jason was their around 10:45 & found the same, no one around. There is always activity their at the Dump?????

    ReplyDelete