Thursday, February 25, 2010

Overheard in the plaza...

As I get older, it seems that a day does not go bye that something just surprises me. The last two to three days have been "over-the-top" with comments that have just about knocked me off my feet. I am just dumbfounded at a couple of the statements I have heard. Thought I'd share a few....

#1.."what the he-- do we need a store like Guido's for? We need a GROCERY STORE!".......Uhm, excuse me. Last I knew, Guido's is a grocery store. True, they specialize in specific areas, and may not carry 47 varieties of tuna fish or peanut butter, but it's a store! And for the last nearly fourteen months we've had nothing. Which would you rather have?

#2.. "the previous owner left it in such a worn-out mess. They're going to have to spend a million or more dollars before they open. They'll never see a profit." Ok, opinion noted. Just like running my store, what they spend to fix/repair/make-new is no business of mine. Perhaps you shouldn't worry about that either.....

And these comments are coming out before so much as a mop has hit the floor........Unbelievable! How about we give them a chance people? I have met the new owners, and they seem so excited and positive and thrilled to be here in Sharon. Maybe we should return that feeling to them?..........

#3.. and this mornings comment I found to be just so............ I can't decide. You decide.

" what the devils going on? There's no parking places? this is a pain in the _ss!"

(The front of the market was filled with town officials, landlords, new owners, old owners, business people trying to get a foot up on the competition, contractors, and more.)



Small towns. Most days they are great. Some days I just want to crawl under a rock....

No comments:

Post a Comment