Thursday, November 3, 2011

Early morning lineup on Hilltop

I came down off the hill this morning via Jackson Hill and Route 4. I was curious to see if any action was transpiring on 4 and South Street, as I knew there was much to be done in those respective areas of town. As I crested over the knoll near Ed Kirby's, I saw about five trucks parked on the south side of 4, headed east. A crew was working directly opposite Hilltop and there was just a pack of men swarming around the hood of a nearby vehicle, looking at a huge map and having a bit of a conference. I wanted to catch that on the memory card but they flagged me through.... "Keep moving please..." I quickly threw on the right-hand turn signal, and crept up Hilltop past more men and their trucks, all from Oklahoma -American Electric Power-. 


Since I didn't want to be the first "local" to run over a worker from a power company in the mid-west, here to help my friends and neighbors.....  I can see the Hartford Courant now.."Oklahoma lineman killed in Sharon by local man trying to take pictures.".... So I pulled over when I had the chance, into the old William Riley driveway and caught this little glimpse back at just a partial shot of the equipment lined up, getting ready to head out for a day of repairs to our local grid. As of this evening, I heard they did a lot good out there today, and I understand they returned power  to lots of folks today. Thanks Oklahoma!







No comments:

Post a Comment