Friday, August 12, 2011

The Black Goose has landed.....

                                                      

The Raven.
The Waldorf Restaurant.
The Iron Works.
The Canopy.
The Country Corner.
Twin Oaks Cafe.
and now...........
The Black Goose Grill.

The long awaited arrival of another option for food in Sharon, other than take-out bar-b-que, xtramart convenience store (take-out deli), JAM (take-out deli again), Mizza's Pizza (uhmm, did I say take-out?) has opened. Wednesday of this week, the doors were opened for breakfast at 6:30AM. Pancakes and coffee. Eggs and toast. In Sharon. Sit down. Finally!



My opinion, for what it's worth. A welcome new business to add to our little business landscape. The food that I have had has been good. The pricing seems fair for this day and age. Nothing on the regular menu is over $9.99, with the exception of one item at $10.50! I have tried something from each "meal" time. I had three pancakes, which were thin and tasty, and not too big, so I could eat them and not feel stuffed. I had a tuna wrap at one lunch which was almost too much tuna. And tonight, my family was away, so I went over and tried their fish and chips, which I thought was very light and tasty.




The comments I have heard from others have all been positive, with some being almost crazily impressed, which is a good thing I guess. I myself am very happy to have them here, and I wish Bob and his family and staff the very best. Running a successful restaurant is a hard thing. Running one in a small town, even harder. Then throw in today's economy. Wow! It takes so many things to fall into place and be right for a place to be a long-term success. I hope that the townsfolk will support it as often as they can. If they don't, it will be hard for the long run.





So best of luck Robert. Keep that good product coming, the prices fair, and the place clean and fresh, with good help and I'm willing to bet you'll do well. Sharon is a great little town. It's been begging for a place like you've put together. So Go get'em!


2 comments:

  1. The only eatery you failed to mention is the cafe at the hospital, which is actually quite good and reasonably priced. What a sad state of affairs it was, though, to have a hospital cafe be the only sit-down restaurant in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Terry. I did fail to mention them. I should have. Many folks do frequent there often. I myself was there for supper about a month ago or so. Needed some food, thought of them and they filled the bill, not to mention my hunger!! :)

    ReplyDelete