Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Power is Up!

Okay. I admit it. I am smiling big-time. Our power came back on today, at around 5:15 PM. I still hear my generator running, but only in my mind. Thank heavens! I know I am very fortunate, because many, many people don't have their power back as of yet and might not for days. I truly hope that the power can be reestablished sooner than later for those remaining.




Here is my crew of choice. The group from Missouri. 



They attacked the work and had it done in twenty minutes or so. A big salute of thanks to them for coming so far to help us in our time of need. I told one I'd send a donation to the Univ. of Missouri in their name. I think I'd better follow through on that!




So as the sun set over Winchell Mountain, I headed home to peace and quiet and a feeling of rest. The generators are all quiet on my street tonight. Only the sounds of the fall crickets can be heard. I'm probably the last one on the street who's still awake. I won't be for long.



No comments:

Post a Comment