Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Come On! Lets all get AMPed up!!

Our economy stinks. Our savings are dwindling. Oil is expensive. Gas is high. Everything in Connecticut it seems is getting crazy! Making donations is getting harder and harder. Ambulance. Fire. Hospital. Everyone needs help it seems. Whom do I help?(all if I can!) However, there is this other little project going on that I want to throw my blog behind with today's entry. I have been there since the start. I will be there till the end. I am a member. I hope you too might consider the following: AMP.


 I want to say this. I firmly believe in a project called the American Mural Project. It is the concept of local artist Ellen Griesedieck of Sharon. It is coming to fruition and will be located in nearby Winsted. This is no small project. How's 120 feet long and 48 feet tall sound?


We caught up with Ellen @ the Winsted mill site, at a open-house picnic, meet and greet last month. It was our first trip to the site. This thing is going to be incredible! I find it a bit humorous but by no means funny as to the size of the project and the size of Ellen....Five-foot something maybe? But do not let here size mislead you. This lady sees size as only size. A four-letter word of which means no worries. After all, that's what will make it all happen. The size...... 


Do not worry, for Ellen is firmly in charge, has the vision, the passion and has no fear!












Meet Eddie Hill. His truck pictured here is probably fourteen feet high. Maybe more. Trucks are big. And they play such a big part in the life of America. But the truck is only as good as the driver in the seat, behind the wheel. That's where Eddie Hill came in. Big truck. Big man. And he'll be residing in Winsted, for all of America, and the world, to come and see. I like that man Eddie. I do want to meet him someday.




























So friends, neighbors, visitors, supporters of my blog. I am sending out this request. Check out AMP. Click on the links above. Or Google it, or Ellen.... whichever. Take some time and see what is going on up behind the hedge on one of Sharon's side roads. It is just simply amazing! See what is coming. See the commitment's that have been made. Dig into it for twenty minutes. See if you aren't suddenly finding yourself saying whoa and clicking on another link or two. That's my challenge to you. The rest (making a donation) will come if and when it's right. Be it $5.00 or $25.00, or whatever. You'll know what's right for you. And if you can't make a pledge, maybe you can do something else that will help the cause. Visit the mill for one of the tours. Invite a friend who can help. Forward it (the link or this blog page) to a friend or friends. I challenge you. Click on a link today. Learn.


 The gauntlet is tossed. I dare you......


Come. See and feel the pulse. And perhaps you too will be AMPed up.


Thank you.











No comments:

Post a Comment