Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Up on the Roof

"Right smack dab in the middle of town
I've found a paradise that's trouble proof (up on the roof)
And if this world starts getting you down
There's room enough for two
Up on the roof (up on the roof)"

-The Drifters-




Well, normally there's room for two or two hundred. But it is a space where no one is allowed to go. It is the roof over the stores in the shopping center. And if you were unaware, it is basically a flat roof. Well, anyway, tonight I heard a bang from my back room. I went back and found nothing. The I heard a grinding-vibration sound from above my head. Huh? I went to the back door to take a look and just as I opened the door, down came just a whole stream of heavy snow. What is going on?? Then I put two and two together, and realized there were probably men and machines up on the roof attacking the snow buildup. When the snow stopped falling, I dashed out with my camera and caught them in action. There were two men with  snowblowers and about three or four guys with shovels. What with the rain/ sleet event all-day today, on top of all the snow of recent weeks, probably a wise decision by the landlords to remove the weight and protect their property.


Somebody tell the governor that in Sharon, the plaza owners were pro-active, as he requested. I'd just call it real good wisdom.






I hope they don't load it all on my little storage shed. I wouldn't want it to go down. That little place holds all my boxes, and trash, and extra shelves. Maybe they'll clean that too. I just did it about ten days ago myself. Wouldn't know it now...

1 comment:

  1. Well, it may have been a good idea... until we went to the Sharon Market today.... and saw the leaks caused by the snow blower...

    ReplyDelete