Thursday, February 3, 2011

"Take me out to the ballgame...."

Okay. I admit it. I am getting tired of this winter business. It's supposed to be around zero degrees fahrenheit tonight. Zero. Zip. Nada. Tomorrow is supposed to be much like today, with plenty of sun, just cold. And then surprises among surprises....more snow on Saturday. And Tuesday. Maybe Wednesday too. If I wanted to live in Montana, I'd move there! But some good news is we are gaining two minutes and two seconds of daylight tomorrow alone. Now, that is a positive!




But for some really good news.......


Feb.14, 2011
Voluntary Spring Training reporting date for pitchers, catchers and injured players
FEB. 19, 2011
Voluntary Spring Training reporting date for non-pitchers and catchers
FEB. 26, 2011
Mandatory Spring Training reporting date for all players
Voluntary Spring Training reporting date for pitchers, catchers and injured players




So, I have begun the countdown. Eleven days. Just eleven days, and those who want to go in early, can. And 23 days till full squads report.
Another positive.


Then will come March Madness, a very happy time of the year for this guy. Summer is just around the corner!! And when it gets here, perhaps, just perhaps, I'll head to the big ball yard in the south Bronx, grab a dog and a beer, and sit back and watch C.C. and the boys.






Ahhh. I feel warmer now......

No comments:

Post a Comment