Sunday, February 13, 2011

Did you ever, while looking at a frozen pond or lake, think that the body of water is just sitting there, dead still? That it's waiting to be "uncovered" in the spring thaw before coming back to life? Maybe the top six, eight or ten inches.  But below, things are still moving on, waiting for no one. The air temperature was about 4ยบ above zero, but the brook flowing out of Silver Lake was alive and running with an amazing amount of current. The iced trees and snowy surroundings made for a beautiful winter landscape.

3 comments:

  1. I remember Ice skating on a lake with crystal clear ice. I could see fish swimming under the ice as I skated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the picture of Tommy you promised was going to be on your blog? I like your blog Rick, and have bookmarked it for regular reference.
    --Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog postings, done usually daily, (something I have been struggling with) are done in the late evening. I'll have to download the photos of the day, and see where they make take me....what was taken today may not show for a number of days, if at all....

    ReplyDelete