Friday, April 8, 2011

Le Laurentis

I surprised C last evening and took her to Le Laurentis, the small french bistro in Lakeville for supper. We each had a cup of delicious butternut soup and then beef for our main meal. C had one style of beef and I had another. A glass of red with the meal and a lovely dessert to finish. C had a bowl of fresh berries and I had an apple concoction that was quite delicious.

If I were to take a page from the old tv gourmet from the Hartford area, who used to review restaurants, I would give it a possible three spoons(or was it forks?) out of three last evening. We thought it all was a very nice experience, and recommend it to all.

Louis Max Mercurey Burgundy
George is the owner, a true frenchman, whom I have known for some time now. George is a fun fellow with lots of energy. Say Hi to George and tell him I sent you. Then, relax enjoy your meal!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the food review Rick. I've been meaning to check out LeLarentis. It's just down the road from my house. I assume the boss' name is pronounced JUYORJE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, as I sit here and try to say phonetically what you wrote...... :)..... I always said/say, in the best northwest Connecticut french accent I can muster......Gee (with a schwa sound) orge...make sense? And his last name, is phonetically, Coon-yo......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm terrible at phonetics, but yes the French pronunciation.

    ReplyDelete