Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Disconnect

This morning I no sooner got to work and my internet didn't work. I checked everything inside, checking all wires, resetting the modem, and even restarted the computer. Nothing. Picked up the phone. Had a dial tone, but when I dialed a number, dead air. Uh-oh. This is a problem. I can live without internet, but I use a separate line for cash register modem for credit card processing. Called Comcast™ Business Services on my cell phone, and they told me it was a broken fiber optic line, which takes a lot of time to fix, and it would be fixed by 10:30 or so. It was now 11:15 I told him. Guess we didn't make that he said. He then went on to say, when it comes back, it will come right back. Big whoop! How long I asked? Not sure he said.


Guess when it came on? Shortly after 5PM. Try running a retail business, that deals mainly in credit cards, without credit processing. Only good thing for me was it was a rainy, cold day in early April, and not July 3rd....hopefully tomorrow will be a more normal day.

No comments:

Post a Comment