Saturday, April 11, 2009

"That's Incredible"



~I think I am going to go into forecasting the future. In my last blog, the one about the great "knocking down the wires caper" which happened in Sharon on Thursday last, I said perhaps we'd soon have a new pole to replace the rather weak and rather aged one currently there. I got to work Friday morning and "poof", the new pole was in place! Now that's service! In less than 18 hours! But today I learned an interesting story on how that pole, or any new pole comes to get installed. The utility company first calls our town designate, (in our case our first selectman is the man!) and basically asks for his ok. Do you know they called Malcom at 9pm Thursday night, he gave his blessing (on our behalf--Thank's Malcom) and it was planted sometime after that and before 8:30 Friday morning, when I got to work. Don't you find that interesting? They have to ask permission to change an old pole to a new one. I was just really surprised by that. Just one of the things we (or at least I) take for granted I guess.

ps.think that old pole is leaning? you should have seen it before they used the rope and brought it up straighter!


No comments:

Post a Comment