Saturday, August 25, 2012

Agriturismo in Pine Plains



Clare and I ventured out-of-county, out-of-state tonight for a meal-out to sort-of end the summer for Clare, who's back teaching in school Monday morning. I had heard about this place so we thought we'd give it a try.

Located on Church Street (the main drag) in Pine Plains, New York, just west of the center of town (sixteen miles from Sharon), we were greeted by a friendly gent who said if we would eat outside, we could be seated. Inside, there is a wait. (It was Saturday evening) Starving, we said we'll gladly sit outside. Nice linen tablecloths and napkins, and nice silverware. (we've been to a few "nice" places lately that had junk for silverware.) Sticker shock hit me with the wine list. (I know what a bottle costs) The meal prices were all above $20.00. With that said, I had broiled scallops that were delicious! Served along with nice potatoes and some nice small, sweet steamed squash, it was very nice. Clare had a nice meal as well, but I must admit, I did think their prices were high for the quantity. Quality was very good however. 

If money is of no matter to you, I would recommend it immensely.  Very good food. A lady who I presume is the owner paid attention to us, and was very hospitable.  I have a limit on what I can afford for a meal. Tonight, we went over it. We will not frequent here often because of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment