Monday, September 12, 2011

BIG Renovations!!!

In case you are unaware, the former Sharon Motor Lodge closed for good last fall I think it was. It was a real eyesore, and was really very rundown in need of much repair. It went through the winter with a local bank as the owner, and it was placed on the market for sale in early spring. Earlier this summer, the family which owns the Mizza's Pizza  Restaurant organization purchased it and has started a massive renovation project.


I was given a tour this evening from Eddie, the major partner of Mizza's. He showed me that from the top of the roof to the driveway, everything is being replaced and updated. Everything. And I mean everything! Painting, plumbing, electrical, furniture. Local contractors (yes!) are doing the work that has been undertaken thus far and his vision for the future is clear. A clean, friendly, and affordable twenty-room complex. The pool, which was worn out, will be filled in and much landscaping will be done. The bridge is being repaired and the driveway will be raised and pitched away, so occasional heavy spring rains and run-offs will run away from the building, and not towards it. Already he has removed many tall ugly trees and much underbrush. In time he will landscape with new plantings that will work with the property, and enhance it. The man has a vision, and I truly, after spending this time with him this evening, feel he was and is the right man and family to own this property. I wish him much success with his investment, and I feel that he is destined to be a great success, and that Sharon has indeed had a very good new neighbor come to town. A clean, quiet business, which will employee a number of folks, and provide a good facility for our northwest corner, for tourists, parents of prep-school students, racers and their fans and as an extra bed, when we have more relatives in town than we do beds in our homes!


I applaude them on their investing and believing in themselves and in Sharon. Very exciting! Very exciting indeed!


1 comment:

  1. Great! I visit Sharon every year and the last time I stayed at the Sharon Motor Lodge (2010) I had bed bug bites all over my legs. This year I skipped it. But next year, I'm booking early!

    Jake
    Charleston, SC

    ReplyDelete