Tuesday, May 22, 2012

No more frost!

Well, I think it's safe to say that the sub-freezing temperatures are now behind us. My tell-tale sign? The plantings went in at the site of the old lolly-pops by the clock tower in the center of Sharon. I believe the exact name for that garden is named for the late Joan Gurnee, wife of Hal Gurnee of Sharon. I chanced upon the plantings this morning on my way in to work. I think Kim Hohlfeld , who does some marvelous things with plantings seemed to be in charge, and there were a number of other volunteers there pitching in. My belief is that The Sharon Women's Club actually is the group which chairs this project each year. Just stay tuned a few days, or a weeks, and I bet it will be another gorgeous garden to greet passing motorists...


No comments:

Post a Comment