Saturday, May 12, 2012

Awesome Spring Evening!

Pssst! Don't tell my wife, whatever you do. She said, "stay in the driveway. Don't go walking up the hill". She went off to 5:30 Mass. I was dying to go for a walk. I got to the end of the drive, felt good and said, well I'll just go to Jimmie and Donna's, which is just up the hill about , oh 6-700 feet.....Next thing I know, I am at the intersection. Oops. The reason I am not walking far is because my back has been out since last Thursday (a week plus) and after a visit to the emergency room yesterday morning, I am now on "pain management" pills for a few days. The Dr. told me to do some elementary yoga stretches today, and the one I did really felt good. So, I walked up to the corner, a bit farther to the swampy area, and then turned around and came back. It was so lovely out, and it felt so good to be out for a bit. I had my phone with me if I needed it, or someone needed me, and I got back about 45 minutes after leaving. By no means brisk, but extremely enjoyable. Walking on Jackson is so pleasant. I met a cyclist, saw another one from a distance, met a neighbor with her new labrador puppy, another couple out for a walk as well, another friend out for a walk, and a bunch of nature (birds, frogs, rabbit, deer and I think that was about it).

I felt so good. I hope tomorrow is another good day. This back business stinks. Need to get some advice on exercises or yoga or whatever, so I don't get as bad as I have been this past week. Got to do it. Got to!

The colors are back!

Camofulage

Spring colors

Catching some rays...

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. I loved the shots of spring and i just saw a report on cbs that said it takes about 45 days, but the back does usually heal itself. so here's to patience and doing the best to make ourselves comfortable. Just remember, yoga is about easing into a posture, never forcing it and always... breathe.

    ReplyDelete