Friday, October 15, 2010

N'or Easter is upon us!

     Well, many years ago, I worked with a man named Warren Loughlin, painting houses. Warren was a man who most of the time was pretty quiet, but did occasionally come out with a little ditty or what-have-you. I was very green behind the ears then, so he loved to drop his little "teachings" upon me. One time he came out with, when discussing a long dry period of weather, "Rick, things will always average out. We'll get rain, and when we do, it'll bring us back up......" So after a summer of no rain, what did we get?  All kinds of rain a few weeks back. And today? Another big rainy day. Guess we're catching up to average, as Warren would say.
     My shot from today didn't amount to much, so I am pulling one from Wednesday past to brighten the day. It's the large maple in The Bartram's yard on Low Road, as seen from the plaza. I always rate this tree as one of the most colorful, and this year is no exception. Only drawback? All the leaves that Tom has to clean up!


No comments:

Post a Comment